Monday, October 5, 2009

Sketchbook Mobile

While I don't have an abundance of natural talent at sketching, painting, drawing, etc, I enjoy trying and have accepted the fact that the quality of my art will always be lacking. Creating art is just plain fun. Cavemen did it, and anyone who has ever been a student has paid their doodling dues. The folks at Autodesk have released an amazingly good mobile version of Sketchbook Pro for the iPhone, aptly named Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile. The full version (iTunes link) is only $2.99 and more than worth it, but there's even a simpler "Lite" version (iTunes link) available.

Having said that, it does have at least one shortcoming. There's no basic shape tools; I really really want these. I enjoy sketching things with sharp corners(machines, buildings, etc) and I'm no Giotto when it comes to circles either. My fingers are crossed that Autodesk will release an update adding these tools.

Some things I've done...

No comments:

Post a Comment