Monday, November 2, 2009

Games are supposed to be fun, not break the bank account.

At long last, Command & Conquer has made its way to the iPhone Appstore (link). Imagine my continued dismay when I saw the $9.99 price tag. I should qualify that a bit... I love games, especially games I can play anywhere, but I am continually disappointed when "The Big Publishers" price their apps so high. My personal stance is that a game for a mobile platform better be really freaking amazing for $9.99. I hope to avoid this with our apps. Affordable fun for the Masses!
Rant: They could probably achieve the same, if not better, fiscal results by pricing the app cheaper (3.99ish) and having "true" expansions for $0.99, not just maps you couldn't work into the campaign mode.
I may try this on a sale week, if they ever have one.

/disappointed,
Fuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment